Friday 22 June 2012

An Evening of Prayer with Swami Vishwaparanthapananda and Divine Mother

Thursday 21 July 2012 and my phone beeped, I saw a message from one of our South African Swami's who is currently in JHB asking me to join Him that evening in Benoni for a Prayer to Divine Mother. As she is my Ishta Dev and guardian I quickly replied YES and felt a wave of excitement rush through me.

As I was not sure what to expect I drove the 40 minute journey to Benoni to be a part of this wonderful evening dedicated to Divine Mother. Upon arriving Swami Vishwaparanthapananda briefed me on the significance of the evening being the solstice and what She had asked Him to do that night.

We were to begin with Panchamrit Abishekam followed by Puja and then offer 1000 lotus seeds and spoons of Kumkum to Divine Mother. After he placed a lotus seed I would offer Kumkum on top of the lotus seed. At each offering we would silently chant the Panchadakshakshari Mantra which Sri Swami Vishwananda had initiated us into last year during Navaratri. It is one of the most powerful mantras, extremely secret and bestows Divine Mothers grace upon the initiated chanter bringing what they ask for to life.

Placing my materialised Murthi of Divine Mother with a the Sri Yantra we would be using we began the prayer. It is funny sometimes that the larger the prayer the more time seems to stand still as 3 hours later we had finished 1000 repetitions of the Mantra and offered 1000 Lotus seeds and teaspoons of Kumkum to Divine Mother. 

Singing Arati to Divine Mother we concluded the evening with smiles and joy all round knowing that Divine Mother had allowed us the grace to worship her that evening from our hearts and souls giving us a connection with Her that will be with us even after we leave this body.

Love and Light
Dhanam Jay

Images from the Evening











1 comment: