Wednesday 8 February 2012

Saraswati Puja

January 28th saw us holding a Saraswati Puja at the Temple in Johannesburg. Something inside of me had said before we went to Mauritius that we should due the Puja the Saturday after we got back. Saturday came and the time to honour Dear Saraswati Devi came. Arriving early at the temple I began to prep for a the Kalash puja, Yagna and Abishek. the prep can take a short while and we were hoping to begin by 10am. With everything prepped and the Alter setup we began the prayer with around 25 people in attendance.


As I finished the Guru Puja and Guari Ganesh Puja I handed the burning camphor Arati to Swamini Vishwamohini so She could begin the Homa. As I finished chanting the kalash prayers the Yagna was in full swing as Saraswati's gayatre was chanted. With her blessing and love just as I finished the Kalash prayers, they had finished the last Gayatre and Vishwamohini said that Saraswati will grant us a wish.

As everyone began to sit and focus I had not really heard what She said and was just finishing up the Kalash, looking at me She motioned me to sit and repeated what she had just said. Registering I sat and began to ask for Her grace, my prayer was longer than everyone else and Vishwamohini kindly waited and said Swaha 3 time until I had finished. I heard Tatastu in my head and knew she had granted my wish, I could feel it inside and the rest of the prayer as we performed Abishek and Arati was a bit of a blur.
Jai Sri Saraswati Ma
Love and Light
Dhanam

No comments:

Post a Comment